Conversation flows so well at the dart boards in our beloved Dart Room. We have fun leagues for every level plus we host the oldest and largest pub dart tournament in North America!
Blueberry Hill Dart League
Join one of our dart leagues! You’ll have fun and meet some great people playing this social pub sport. Plus you get $2 off beer pitchers during play and free pitchers during special rounds. We throw a free banquet to wrap up each season!
We welcome beginners and advanced players alike!
Wednesday evenings at 7:30 pm
- We’re a steel tip league
- Teams of four to eight compete in Team Game, Doubles Matches, and Singles Matches
- We have different divisions for the advanced and beginners; everyone is welcome
- We have Spring, Summer and Fall Sessions of Dart League each year
- The League Fee is $15 per person and you receive $2 off beer pitchers during play
- Free pitchers given during League play for Ton 80’s and Shutouts
- If you don’t have darts, use ours! A bartender will give you a set for a refundable $10 deposit.
- Don’t forget about that free banquet at the end of each season!
We’d love to hear from you and answer any of your questions! Our “commish” is super friendly! Email Us.
Check Out Blueberry Hill Dart League Standings here.
The 46th Annual Blueberry Hill Open Dart Tournament
The largest and oldest pub dart tournament in North America!
Next year: May 11–14, 2018
Download the 2017 Event Flyer to see an example of all the schedules and details
The Annual Blueberry Hill Open is held every Mother’s Day weekend in May. It’s the largest and oldest pub dart tournament in North America. We started it in 1973 and it’s one of the most fun tournaments you’ll ever come to. It’s presented by Budweiser and the prize money is $11,000. Trophies abound and top winners get their photo on Blueberry Hill’s Wall of Fame!
“This tournament is fun!” –everyone
- 7 men’s events and 7 women’s events
- Get your picture on the Wall of Fame in Blueberry Hill’s Dart Room
Stay just just down the street at Moonrise Hotel!
- Walk just two blocks and take the elevator home
- 24-hour room service
- Hotel’s Eclipse Restaurant serves food 6:30 am – 11 pm, 3 am bar
- Easy access to airport via MetroLink
- In the heart of the Delmar Loop, the exciting restaurant, shopping and arts & entertainment district
Stay at the Moonrise Hotel just down the street! Use promotional code “DART” to get a special tournament rate. Must book by April 10, 2018.
How Blueberry Hill Was Conned Into Getting Its First Dart Board
One night in 1972 a customer named Ed Shafer was drinking a beer and asked Joe, our owner, if he had a dart board. Joe said no. Ed asked, “Want to borrow mine?” Joe said, “No, but thanks.” The next day a guy came in, ordered a beer, and asked Joe if he had a dart board. Joe said no and the man finished his beer and left.
Then another guy came in and asked Joe if he had a dart board. He said no and the man left without even ordering a beer. Several more people came in and the same thing happened. One night Ed said to Joe, “The offer to borrow my dart board still stands. Are you interested?” Joe immediately said, “Yes!” and put the dart board up on the wall.
It turns out Ed put all those people up to it and that’s how we were tricked into getting our first dart board. You can see it in the photo from 1973. Now, over 40 years later, we have a whole Dart Room, dart leagues, and a famous dart tournament!